■ terminal a big building where people wait to get onto planes:
● The airline uses terminal 4.
● Smoking is prohibited inside the terminal building.
■ runway a long hard surface on which aircraft land and take off:
● The plane was taxiing along the runway.
■ the tarmac an area covered with tarmac outside airport buildings:
● He stepped off the plane onto the tarmac.
■ check-in (desk) a place where you report your arrival at an airport
■ departure lounge the place where you wait until your plane is ready to leave
■ departure gate the place you go through to get on your plane:
● Will passengers for flight BA670 please go to the departure gate.
■ baggage reclaim (also baggage claim) American English the place where you collect your cases and bags after a flight
■ immigration the place where officials check the documents of everyone entering the country:
● Be prepared for long queues at immigration.
■ customs the place where your bags are checked for illegal goods when you enter a country:
● We had our bags checked at customs.